Excellent news, there is an official Apple student discount. The deal is you can get free AirPods when you buy a Mac or iPad, 20% off Applecare and discounts on accessories. To get it, go to the Apple education store and follow the instructions and validate your student id (you can do this through Unidays) for access and get the exclusive education pricing.GET STUDENT DISCOUNT >
If it’s an iPhone discount, the best thing to do is to head to Carphone Warehouse for the best Apple iPhone deals in the UK. The best current deals include:
- 1. THE STUDENT DISCOUNT AT APPLE
- 2. IS THERE AN APPLE NUS, UNIDAYS OR STUDENT BEANS DISCOUNT?
- 3. PROMO CODES, APPLE STORE VOUCHERS & DISCOUNTS
- 4. APPLE SALES DIARY ALERTS & SAVINGS TIPS
- 5. STORE OVERVIEW & BUYERS GUIDE
- 6. SUMMARY
1. THE STUDENT DISCOUNT AT APPLE
Fabulous news! There is a student discount which is called education pricing. The deal has changed for October 2020 and you can now get free AirPods, 20% off Applecare and discounts on accessories. Please note though, this is for university students only. If you’re not a uni student don’t worry, keep reading for great saving tips.
To get it, do the following:
- Head to the Apple Education Pricing Store.
- Verify your student status (you can do this via Unidays, the chat function, over the phone or even in an Apple store.
- The online Apple Education store will be unlocked and you’ll be able to shop and get your discounts through the education pricing.
You may have noticed that there is no discount for the iPhone. That is because there isn’t one. Not to worry though, check out our savings tips section to see how you can get cheap iPhone contracts through Carphone Warehouse.GET STUDENT DISCOUNT >
2. IS THERE AN APPLE NUS, UNIDAYS OR STUDENT BEANS DISCOUNT?
There are a lot of student schemes and cards for discounts out there which can make things confusing when trying to get the education pricing. That’s why we’ve written this guide to let you know if the Apple education store is included so you don’t miss out on getting your discounts for your new mac computers and Macbook Air.
APPLE NUS DISCOUNT?
Now the answer to this is yes and no! So if you are an NUS student you will be attending a university so you will qualify for the discount on the Apple education store.
Also if you’re in a store your NUS card should qualify you too, although it states that you should also have a letter of acceptance too.
However, there is no official student code NUS through nus.org.uk or any NUS Extra voucher code either. We hope that’s cleared it up.
APPLE & UNIDAYS?
Yes, there is an Apple Unidays discount. To get it, head to the Apple student page and follow the instructions.
You’ll be issued with a Unidays code for you to enter and unlock the education pricing store so you can bag those lovely discounts as described in chapter 1.
ARE THERE APPLE STUDENT BEANS DISCOUNTS?
Nope, there is no association between Student Beans and Apple education.
This is unfortunate in the squirrel’s humble opinion as it would be a great way to get a customer for life! And keep reading on for some more excellent tips on how to save!GET STUDENT DISCOUNT >
3. PROMO CODES, APPLE STORE VOUCHERS & DISCOUNTS
Apple doesn’t release that many promo codes or vouchers. Having said that, if you are a university student, you can unlock discounts of up to £270 at the online Apple education pricing store for new Mac computers, MacBooks and iPads.
If you’re looking for an iPhone, your best is to upgrade with Carphone Warehouse. They won’t be beaten on price and have the cheapest contracts for EE, O2 and Vodafone. Plus they also offer an additional reduction on some iPhone contracts. Check out our comprehensive guide for the latest details.
If Apple do release any voucher codes, we will have them in our savings section at the top of the page. We update this regularly with all the best deals.GET STUDENT DISCOUNT >
4. APPLE SALES DIARY ALERTS & SAVINGS TIPS
Some of the biggest savings students can make on Apple products is when there is a sale on.
Now the Apple store itself doesn’t tend to have many sales but follow these steps below and we’ll have you saving like a boss:
- If you’re looking for a new Mac computer, MacBook or iPad then you can get up to £270 off. Just see the top of this guide on how to get it through education pricing.
- iPhones aren’t included but Carphone Warehouse has a price guarantee plus up to £200 off selected contracts. Read our comprehensive guide for further details.
- Looking for an iPad? The cheapest option may be somewhere like Currys who regularly have Pro sales.
- Make sure you check our savings section at the top of the page for the latest deals and promo codes.
BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY
Many Apple products are discounted around Black Friday but not from the Apple store. The best place is to check Currys, Argos and Amazon for the best deals and Apple offers.GET STUDENT DISCOUNT >
5. STORE OVERVIEW & BUYERS GUIDE
You either love them and use their products religiously or you hate them and purposely opt for competitors, but either way, you’ve heard of them and you feel passionate about them. They are, of course, Apple and the eye-catching Apple Store.
The world’s largest information technology company, Apple is now recognised for its phones, tablets and smartwatches just as much as it is for its computers. Physical devices aside, the company also owns and manages iTunes, Apple TV, Safari, iOS and macOS. The level of brand loyalty the company enjoy from its fans is almost evangelical, and its marketing, as a result, is extremely highly scrutinised, anticipated and almost frenzied when you see the queues outside an Apple store. Apple is one of few brands worldwide that is recognisable from a logo without its name on it and its worldwide revenue totalled $229billion in 2017. That’s quite something, hey?
As you’d expect with the nature of a tech company, most of Apple’s business is done and all of their products are available to buy online, but there are Apple shops worldwide; each easily recognisable for its minimalist design and ‘Genius Bar’ where Apple customers can seek help and advice on the use of their various devices. There are currently 499 bricks-and-mortar stores across 22 countries, and hundreds more of authorised resellers. Apple is a brand you’ll find in almost every relevant electrical or tech retailer, too. However, it rarely discounts or holds sales – so if you’re hoping for a January bargain, you’ll need to look to high street chain retailers rather than Apple themselves.
The price points may seem hefty, but they’re worth it for the quality of products and iconic design, and many of the devices interact with each other to give you a seamless experience no matter how you’re accessing your information on an Apple product. Right now, more than one billion Apple products are in use across the globe – and a high percentage of customers own and use more than one.
Fun Facts – Did You Know?
- The HQs are in Cupertino, California.
- It was founded by Steve Job, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne in 1976
- As of Jan 2020 there are more than 1.5 billion Apple products in use globally.
- It is ranked as the worlds most valuable brand.
- In Oct 2010 Apple shares hit an all time high hitting 300 dollars!
We’ve come to the end of our discount guide. We’ve shown you how to get discounts of up to £270 in the education pricing store online or physical Apple store plus other tips such as promo codes and sales.
We hoped our extensive guide has helped you save some money when buying your new tech, whether that is an Imac Pro, an Air Macbook pro or anything else – also check out the similar stores and frequently asked questions for more useful information.