We can confirm that there is a 15% Fragrance Shop student discount. To get it, verify your student id at thefragranceshop.co.uk and you’ll be issued with a Unidays code to use at the check-out.GET CODE >
And make sure you check out the clearance sale page, with reductions of up to 50% off.GET DEAL >
Not to be confused with The Perfume Shop and its black-and-red branding, The Fragrance Shop is the largest independent perfume retailer in the UK! Their subtle blue and clean font branding often goes unnoticed amongst others in this space, but The Fragrance Shop operates through 199 UK high street stores, online, and through a telephone sales service, offering 150 fragrance brands and over 200 beauty brands. This vast range on offer with delivery available anywhere thanks to its website has gained The Fragrance Shop a loyal fanbase who use it for all of their beauty purchases.
Top Student Buy – Ted Baker M and Ted Baker W, 75ml, £13.00 each
Ted Baker M and Ted Baker W were both launched in 2003 and remain the flagship fragrances of the brand. M is a sharp woody fragrance with a fruity zing best suited to casual wear; with top notes of black pepper combined with Japanese yuzu, roseberry, guaiac wood resin and amber. W is a gentle yet elegant scent combining peony and pink orchid with overtones of raspberry and sweet vanilla for a long-lasting feminine fragrance.
At just £13 each, The Fragrance Shop has heavily discounted these perfumes – you’ll find they retail for £30 elsewhere, so shopping here bags you a real bargain!
Top Student Buy – Dior Miss Dior eu de parfum, 30ml, £54.50, 50ml, £77.50
Anything by Dior isn’t really a budget student buy, but Miss Dior is such a beautiful perfume that we couldn’t resist including it here! Designed to cater for a younger audience than Dior’s classic products, Miss Dior is feminine but light, and combines rose florals with Calabrian bergamot. Notes of rosewood and pink pepper run through to create this unique fragrance that stands out from the crowd; and as Dior sell it, leave you ‘lovestruck’.
Top Student Buy – Jimmy Choo Special Edition eau de parfum, 60ml, £45.00
It’s not often you’ll hear the words ‘Jimmy Choo’ and ‘student budget’ in one sentence – but we can definitely combine them here! This limited edition fragrance is spring-like and includes tones of exotic fruits, frangipani flower and sandalwood that really perks up your senses and mood. The iconic Jimmy Choo bottle is set to become a collector’s item as the scent sells out and is discontinued, and comes in a bright pink collector’s box with glittery finish.
The Fragrance Shop CEO Sanjay Vadera moved to the UK from Uganda with his parents and two siblings in the 1970s, and settled in Manchester. Sanjay worked for many years in the front line of retail before establishing his own chain, The Fragrance Shop. Recognising that perfume was too expensive for many to be able to purchase despite wanting to, the brand was launched with the aim to make luxury fragrance more affordable and accessible through mainstream means.
Initially launching online, The Fragrance Shop quickly gained popularity for its wide range of products at affordable prices and quickly expanded to the high street. Often undercutting its main competitor, The Perfume Shop, it became a firm favourite with the British public quickly and is an authorised seller of some of the world’s most known brands – including Abercrombie & Fitch, Balmain Paris, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana and Armani. It’s not uncommon to see branches of The Fragrance Shop and The Perfume Shop just doors away from each other, and in true bargain-hunting style, Student Discount Squirrel will always recommend you check in both to compare deals before you purchase!
The Fragrance Shop’s high street presence has been hugely affected by closures due to the coronavirus pandemic, but they remain trading and are set to reopen with new safety procedures in place. In the meantime, their online shop has seen traffic and sales increase hugely and click-and-collect options from local stores have remained popular.
Although they haven’t done quite yet (likely down to the impact of the COVID-19 crisis), industry experts suggest that The Fragrance Shop are intending to list on the stock market soon. This would be a bold move for the firm, but not an entirely unprecedented one – their mix of online and offline sales combined with hugely competitive pricing models have seen them continue to flourish even when the majority of the high street has been in serious decline. One thing’s for sure no matter how their IPO progresses – if it happens, it’ll smell great!
You may have bought your favourite scent from The Fragrance Shop, but did you know these fun tidbits about them?
- CEO and owner of The Fragrance Shop, Sanjay Vadera, came to the UK as a refugee from Uganda in the 1970s, fleeing the dictatorship of President Idi Amin
- Sanjay’s first ever job was also in high street retail: he worked for Tie Rack at age 16 in Manchester
- Alongside its large high street presence in bricks-and-mortar stores, The Fragrance Shop has a number of pop-up ‘Sniff Bars’ across the country that come and go in free retail locations as and when they become available. Sniff Bars allow customers to sample (and purchase) perfumes and beauty products that are seasonal and/or limited edition alongside the tutelage of a professional fragrance expert
- Some perfume bottles sold by The Fragrance Shop can be engraved with personalisation in store, or to order online
- The Fragrance Shop and The Perfume Shop are often confused for one another, even thought they’re competitors. This rivalry was hugely heightened when the landlord of some of The Fragrance Shop’s stores attempted to end their tenancies and hand them over to The Perfume Store; presumably to scoop higher rent levels. The case continues to go through the courts!
- The company holds corporate social responsibility (CSR) at its heart and has raised over £1.3million for charities throughout the UK.
- Birchbox Student Discount
- Body Shop Student Discount
- Boots Student Discount
- Charlotte Tilbury Student Discount
- Cult Beauty Student Discount
- Debenhams Student Discount
- Feelunique Student Discount
- Fragrance Direct Student Discount
- Fragrance Shop Student Discount
- House Of Fraser Student Discount
- John Lewis Student Discount
- LookFantastic Student Discount
- MAC Student Discount
- PureGym Student Discount
- Superdrug Student Discount