Through our research, we can confirm there is currently no Halfords student discount. There used to be a 10% NUS discount but this no longer applies. However, it’s still possible for students to save. Our first tip is to check out the summer clearance with 20% off a range of products including bikes, camping and motoring.GET DEAL >
Plus if you’re looking for tents, there is an up to £15 off promotion now on.GET DEAL >
Also, we’ve found these handy money-saving tips:
- Discounts on bikes
- 20% off selected motoring
- Check out the offers in the spring clearance
- Price match promise
- Free delivery on orders over £40
- Cheap motor repairs and MOTs
- Up to £15 off tents
In our handy guide, we will take you through the ways for students to save at this leading store, despite there being no valid Unidays, NUS Totum or any other dedicated student codes. We uncover the best promo codes, offers and deals to get you saving money today. In our savings section, we list the latest promo codes, vouchers, sale alerts and savings tips.
- 1. DO HALFORDS DO STUDENT DISCOUNT?
- 2. IS THERE A UNIDAYS HALFORDS, NUS OR STUDENT BEANS DISCOUNT?
- 3. PROMO CODES, HALFORDS VOUCHER CODES & DISCOUNTS
- 4. HALFORDS SALES DIARY & ALERTS
- 5. HALFORDS – STORE OVERVIEW & BUYERS GUIDE
- 6. HALFORDS STUDENT DISCOUNT FAQS & SUMMARY
- HALFORDS FUN FACTS!
- SIMILAR RETAILERS
If you’re thinking about getting into cycling then you should certainly think about Halfords. They have an amazing range of products and cycle accessories, which is perfect for getting students on the move, cycling to lectures or around time.
We hope you avid learners have found a great deal but the saving doesn’t stop there. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive guide on the best ways for students to save at one of the biggest cycling stores in the country which provides itself on great customer service and value for money both online and in its stores.
If there is a section relevant to you then just click on the chapter link in the contents box below to find your answer. Or if you’ve got the time and want to find the best ways to save, then take a couple of minutes to read the whole guide and you’ll be saving as quick as a Mark Cavendish sprint!
The Student Squirrel says:
“We know it’s confusing so we’ve researched into what student discounts you can get from halfords.com, what additional NUS offers there are and extra tips and codes so you can save even more. Read on and learn how students can make the biggest savings when you shop at Halfords. ”
So without further ado, let’s get this guide started and save you some money, shall we?
1. DO HALFORDS DO STUDENT DISCOUNT?
Currently, there is no Halfords student discount in 2020. However, the squirrel has been doing some clever research on how you can make some big savings when making your cycle purchase. We’ve made a foolproof step-by-step guide, follow it to see if you can save:
- Firstly see our current savings section at the top of the page. We list the latest promo codes, sales and offers which could save you lucky student money today
- Check out the homepage. The best of the deals are always listed here.
- Halfords.com has a special offers page. It’s broken down into sections like bikes and camping equipment plus the best individual deals.
- Sign up to the newsletter. It has some special promotions which could come in handy.
- Free delivery on orders over £40
- Free click and collect on EVERYTHING
- Free and easy returns to any store
Did you bag a bargain? We certainly hope you did. Keep reading on though for some more amazing Halfords money-saving advice.GET DEAL >
2. IS THERE A UNIDAYS HALFORDS, NUS OR STUDENT BEANS DISCOUNT?
There are a lot of student discount schemes and cards out there which can make things confusing. That’s why we’ve written this guide to let you know if Halfords is included so you don’t miss out on getting your discounts. If you haven’t found a saving from the list above, check out these:
At this time of writing ( monthyear]) there is no tie in with Unidays. Not to worry though, check out our savings section at the top of the page to see the latest ways that you can save and any available promo codes.
You won’t, however, be able to get a discount code through Unidays for Halfords.
HALFORDS NUS DISCOUNT?
There is no NUS Halfords scheme at the moment for students to save. This includes not being included in the NUS Extra card scheme.
However, if you’re in a Halfords store and have an NUS card, then ask the cashier when you’re making a purchase. They could give a discretionary discount.
ARE THERE HALFORDS STUDENT BEANS DISCOUNTS?
Nope, there is no association between Student Beans and Halfords.
This is unfortunate in the squirrel’s humble opinion as it would be a great way to get a customer for life! And keep reading on for some more excellent tips on how to save!GET DEAL >
|Halfords Student Discount Deals||Discount||Valid Until|
|50% Off in the Halfords Spring Sale||50%||30/06/2020|
|20% Discounts on Adult Bikes||20%||30/06/2020|
|Free Delivery with Click and Collect||Free Delivery||31/12/2020|
3. PROMO CODES, HALFORDS VOUCHER CODES & DISCOUNTS
So although we’ve established that there aren’t and NUS, Student Beans or Unidays affiliations, there are regular Halfords promo codes that they release for a short time like one or 2 weeks.
These are for use on halfords.com. To use them:
- Copy and paste the discount code from our savings section
- Go to halfords.com and make your fabulous purchase
- At the checkout, enter the voucher code in the box
- The reduction will be automatically added
Below is a table of current Halford promo codes and deals that university goers have used to save money on their fabulous cycling purchases:
We have seen some really good codes over the past year. including:
- 10% promo code off all adult bikes
- 20% Halfords voucher codes off purchases over 200
- Carrera & Apollo Bikes – 10% off code
4. HALFORDS SALES DIARY & ALERTS
As there are no student discounts, the biggest savings that students can make is when there is a big sale on. We keep our squirrel eyes open so any sales will be in our fabulous savings section. Take a look and see how much you can save.
The Squirrel has a top saving tip:
“The biggest sales happen around the same time each year. Check the dates below as if one if coming up it might be best to hold on.”
HALFORDS BLACK FRIDAY OFFERS & CYBER MONDAY
Halfords takes part in the Black Friday sales which take place around the last Friday in November.
There have been some excellent discounts on commuter cycles which are perfect for getting to campus or mountain bikes if you want the option to go off-road.
BOXING DAY & HALFORD JANUARY SALES
The Halfords Boxing Day sales are a key time for the company and they have some great discounts, deals and offers available. We have it under good authority that they now commence online at halfords.com on 24th December, when the shipping deadline for Christmas presents has passed.
The sales then continue well into January, with extra reductions being made. Careful though, if you see something discounted earlier on that you really want then get it as stock can run out!
Don’t forget that Halfords run promotions throughout the year that you can make great savings at. Check out the savings section for the latest deals, promo codes and discounts.GET DEAL >
5. HALFORDS – STORE OVERVIEW & BUYERS GUIDE
Halfords is a British and Irish retailer of car parts, car enhancement, bike and bike accessories, and camping and touring equipment. Unless you’re a bit of a petrolhead, you may not visit a Halfords often; but there’s lots of practical equipment within and it’s a firm favourite amongst savvy Student Discount Squirrel shoppers!
If you’re a cyclist or driver, Halfords is a must-visit store: not just for its range of parts and enhancements, but also because of the advice and recommendations that staff can offer.
Highly trained and able to not just converse with you but also to fit parts and practical solutions, Halfords is the place to go even if you’re not sure of what you need or how to fit it.
Their staff will do everything from tightening nuts and bolts, clipping on new windscreen wipers and in some cases full auto-centre services such as MOTs and mechanic repairs – the in-store experience is exceptional. This range of servicing means that you don’t need to book in with an expensive mechanic or specialist cycle repair shop and instead, can have your motor and bike needs sorting on the high street.
You don’t need to be a pro-cyclist to use their cycle facilities, either. Even fair-weather, hire-only or super casual cyclists will feel at home here as the staff can help with everything from chain repairs to major structural bodywork. Many of their staff themselves cycle to work, so they’ll feel your pain on rain, angry motorists and frustrating bike niggles!
This cycle superstore also attracts lots of seasonal custom as summer hits and everyone plans ahead for festival season. Their range of fantastic value tents varies from cheap one-man pop-ups to huge tent villages… just make sure you’ve got some extra pegs and lots of willing volunteers to help with the latter when you make it on-site!
You’ll also find festival essentials such as:
- cool boxes
- camp chairs
- sleeping bags
- camp beds
- gas stoves
All of which we here at SD Squirrel heartily endorse for cheap getaways and to stop you from spending all your hard-earned cash on ridiculously priced eats at festival food outlets.
To make their shopping experience even better, Halfords are super student-friendly and offer not just a student discount but a whole student membership and loyalty programme!
Sign up through Student Discount Squirrel to receive a discount, invites to and advance notice of lots of seasonal promotional events and money-off sales and specially discounted selected products.
If you’re in-store, just ask; many Halfords staff are students themselves and you’ll never feel frowned upon for seeking out a bargain with them. They really are a great example of how retailers can – and should! – help out, skint students.
6. HALFORDS STUDENT DISCOUNT FAQS & SUMMARY
We get asked tons on student discounts for Halfords, so we’ve put together a handy table below to answer all your questions.
We hoped our extensive Halfords student discount guide has helped you save some money.
Despite establishing that there wasn’t a student discount programme, we’ve shown you that you can save at Halfords by following this advice:
- Check out our Halfords discounts section at the top of the page for the latest available promo codes, sales alerts and offers
- The Halfords offers page always has some savings
- Get free click and collect delivery
- The sales diary shows if a big sale is coming for the biggest discounts
HALFORDS FUN FACTS!
Did you know…:
- Halfords doesn’t just sell bicycles but is a great store for car parts, enhancement and camping equipment! They also do MOTs!
- It was founded in 1892 by Frederick Rushbrooke!
- in 1902 they opened a shop on Halford Street in Leicester – the name was born.
- It purchased the Birmingham Bicycle Company in 1945!
- It employs over 10k people
- In June 2014 it bought Boardmans Ltd – originally owned by Chris Broadman, the famous cyclist!
- Halford has around 465 stores
The Squirrel always recommends shopping around and you might want to consider some other retailers before making your purchases.
- Check out our Evans cycles student discount guide to see if you can make some savings.
- Argos have a great range of bicycles and there are usually some offers to be had.
- Did you know that there is an Amazon student prime programme and you can get free next day deliveries?
- Sports Direct and JD Sports are always worthing checking out too!