Great news, we can confirm that there is an O2 Unidays code where students get 20% off airtime plans. To get it, go to the special student page on o2.co.uk, verify your student status with Unidays and you’ll get 20% off all airtime plans.GET STUDENT DISCOUNT >
We’ve also found some other cracking ways for students to save money with 02 with our top money-saving tips including:
- 20% O2 discount code student
- 6 months free airtime on a range of iPhones
- Check out the deals page for latest savings
- Save £180 on iPhone 12 contracts
- Free Galaxy Earbuds with Samsung Galaxy S21
- 40% off with a family plan
- Amazing deals on refurbished phones
- Sim only deals from £8
- Free Disney Plus for 6 months on selected contracts
- Up to £363 off Samsung S7 tablet
In our comprehensive and handy guide to saving money on mobile, tablets and broadband, we will take you through the best ways to save money both in-store and online at this superb and popular store, on both products and services, including pay monthly plans.
The 02 Unidays promo code doesn’t work with any other offers, so you might actually get a better offer directly so make sure you check out our other offers, such as up to 40% off with a family plan.
O2 is an award-winning network and air-plan provider. They’ve won website of the year for 3 years in a row and best PAYG in the Uswitch awards, so it’s easy to see why they are so popular across the UK.
“It’s great to know that there is an O2 students discount, but there are some great other ways to save. So much so we decided to write this comprehensive guide just to show all you lovely students how to save on that Samsung Galaxy or new Apple.”
Sitting comfortably, then we shall begin!
There are lots of different results when you try to look for O2 discounts and there are lots of different cards and schemes offering different reductions on mobile phones to mobile broadband.
Never fear though, the mighty Squirrel is here to explain all.
1. THE O2 STUDENTS DISCOUNT
So the fantastic news is that there is a discount of 20% off when you sign up or upgrade from a current contract.
To get it follow these simple steps:
- Head to the online shop and purchase your new phone contract. If you already have a contract go to step 2.
- Go to this special student page on the website.
- Follow the instructions and validate your student status.
- You’ll be issued with a unique o2 Unidays student code.
- Text the code to 61202.
- Your 20% will be knocked off. Celebrate by heading down the union bar!
You don’t have to do this last bit – but it’s really fantastic news.
This doesn’t work with any other offer, so see below if there are any other ways for you savvy students to save EVEN MORE MONEY in our short savings section.
2. O2 UNIDAYS DISCOUNT?
We often get asked ‘Does O2 do a Unidays discount?’ Well, the excellent news is that there is a Unidays O2 code to get 20% off Airtime plans and also now off selected accessories too!
To get it, you need to head to the page, get the Unidays code and then follow the instructions. It’s easy to use the code and is well worth it for 20% off.
There are a couple of other discount schemes in the UK such as NUS Totum and Student Beans and below we now look into whether they offer a discount too. This information is correct as of February 2021.
There is no NUS Totum O2 scheme at the moment for students to save. This includes not being included in the NUS Extra card scheme.
HOWEVER, NUS students qualify to get the discount. Just head to the student page follow the instructions and you can get a 20% discount on O2 contracts.
STUDENT BEANS DISCOUNTS?
Nope, there is no association between Student Beans and O2.GET STUDENT DISCOUNT >
3. O2 PRIORITY OFFERS and Refresh Airtime
One big advantage of getting a mobile contract with it is you get access to O2 Priority.
O2 Priority is exclusive to customers and gives them special offers such as rails offers, a great device plan, priority ticket releases for gigs and events and high street vouchers. There are some great 02 online discounts there that could help you save money throughout your university career.
What is O2 Refresh Airtime?
Refresh Airtime is the name of the contract that O2 offers. The contract payment is split into two parts., the device plan and the airtime plan. The device plan is the cost of your phone or tablet and the airtime plan is the cost of your calls, data and text messages. This means that once you’ve paid off your device plan O2 automatically lower your bill. It also makes it one of the most flexible contracts out there as students can upgrade your phone at any time without having to make upfront payments.
4. 02 PROMO CODES & O2 DISCOUNTS
So throughout the year, there are O2 promo codes that are regularly released to take advantage of to save money on their contracts and mobile phones – as well as sometimes broadband and tablets.
Take a look at our savings section which will list all of the currents ones including if there is a voucher code.
|20% Student Discount||20%||31/03/2020|
|40% Off Family Plans||40%||31/03/2020|
|Up to £363 off tablets||£363||31/03/2020|
Oh and we’re sure that you know about it, but make sure you’ve taken advantage of the 20% off student offer and contract voucher code especially for students. All the details are in the previous sections.
5. O2 SALES & SAVINGS TIPS
They join in the sales fun with some great O2 student deals and any new student offer to coincide with the big sales times throughout the year. If it’s coming up to these times then you might want to hold on before you buy.
One great tip is did you know that you can upgrade your contract on Carphone Warehouse? Why we like this is because Carphone has a price guarantee so if you ever find a cheaper contract then you get your money back! For full details check out our full guide to upgrading.
O2 BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY
There are some great deals to be had around the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. These include some great contract deals and added data bundles.
BOXING DAY & JANUARY SALES
They do actually participate in the sales around Christmas and January.
They have data deals and great reductions on iPhones and other top-quality mobiles like Samsung and HTC, as well as offers on a device plan and pay monthly options.
Did you know…?:
- o2’s full name is actually Telefonica UK Limited!
- If you didn’t guess from that name it is a Spanish company!
- However… its headquarters are in Slough!
- It is the second-largest mobile phone provider in the UK
- It was formed in 1985 and was originally called Cellnet.
- It employs over 21k staff – that’s a big Xmas party!
- o2 is the chemical symbol for oxygen
- Their slogans have changed over time and have included “See what you can do”, “We’re better, connected”, “Be More Dog” and “More for you”
- They have a fab priority scheme and o2 refresh
- They currently sponsor the England rugby team
- Checkout the Three and EE pages for similar discounts
Frequently Asked Question
- “I am a student looking for the best airtime plans around, offers on mobiles and general student airtime plans such as o2 refresh. They look a good option but I am also looking at Three and Vodafone, which do suggest?” Not a straight forward question, firstly we think that the 02 student discount is one of the best deals on the market today but you’ll need to personally think about how you are going to use it and look at a range of airtime plans. Do you need lots of free minutes? A new phone? Tablet? How much data do you need? Once you have that info you can effectively cross-check all of the airtime plans and see which is the best that may be o2 refresh as you say. The o2 refresh is one of the best ways to save.
- “Are they the best phone contracts for students or should you use other offers like an o2 promo code?”Good question. Mainly you won’t beat the students discount as that is the best student offer. Student discounts, in general, are the most generous a company can give. It is a good idea though when seeing an 02 promo code and looking for a new contract, to see where you can combine an o2 promo code with students discount, to get more savings and the best airtime plans. It will depend on terms and conditions but worth a go.
- “As well as discounts on phones and o2 airtime plans (including monthly bill options) can you get discount in tablets? As well as discounts on airtime plan they offer student discounts across products as well, so check online and in-store. Also check the refresh packages.
- “Can you combine an o2 promo code, general sales offer and the students discount?” This is down to the retailer and their terms and conditions, sometime they will allow you to combine and double up offers. It’s always worth an ask. They are a great retailer and often generous so pop in-store or online and they will be helpful. Always see if you can work with o2 refresh scheme as well, to really maximise things.