Great news, we can confirm that there is an O2 Unidays code where students get 20% off airtime plans. To get it, go to this special page on o2.co.uk, verify your student status with Unidays and you’ll get 20% off all airtime plan.GET STUDENT DISCOUNT >
The next step is to check the deals page. This has the latest and best deals on contracts, sim only and phone-only in September 2020.GET DEALS >
We’ve also found some other cracking ways to save with 02 with our top money-saving tips including:
- 20% O2 discount code student
- Get an extra £100 off Samsung Galaxy Note S20 When You Trade in Your Phone
- 40% off with a family plan
- Extra data on selected tarifs
- Amazing deals on refurbished phones
- Up to £216 off a range of new phones
- Sim only deals from £12
- Check out the hidden deals page for latest mobile phone savings
- Free Disney Plus for 12 Months
- Up to £144 off selected phones
In our comprehensive and handy guide to saving money on mobile, tablets and broadband, we will take you through the best ways to save both in-store and online at this superb and popular store, on both products and services, including pay monthly plans.
The 02 Unidays promo code doesn’t work with any other offers, so you might actually get a better offer directly so make sure you check out our other offers, such as up to 40% off with a family plan.
O2 is an award-winning network and air-plan provider. They’ve won website of the year for 3 years in a row and best PAYG in the Uswitch awards, so it’s easy to see why they are so popular across the UK.
“It’s great to know that there is an O2 students discount, but there are some great other ways to save. So much so we decided to write this comprehensive guide just to show all you lovely students.”
Sitting comfortably, then we shall begin lolz!
There are lots of different results when you try to look for O2 discounts and there are lots of different cards and schemes offering different reductions.
Never fear though, the mighty Squirrel is here to explain all.
1. THE O2 STUDENTS DISCOUNT
So the fantastic news is that there is a discount of 20% off when you sign up or upgrade from a current contract.
To get it follow these simple steps:
- Head to the online shop and purchase your new phone contract. If you already have a contract go to step 2.
- Go to this special student page on the website.
- Follow the instructions and validate your student status.
- You’ll be issued with a unique o2 Unidays student code.
- Text the code to 61202.
- Your 20% will be knocked off. Celebrate by heading down the union bar!
You don’t have to do this last bit – but it’s really fantastic news.
This doesn’t work with any other offer, so see below if there are any other ways for you savvy students to save EVEN MORE MONEY in our short savings section.
2. O2 UNIDAYS DISCOUNT?
We often get asked ‘Does O2 do a Unidays discount?’ Well, the excellent news is that there is a Unidays O2 code to get 20% off Airtime plans and also now off selected accessories too!
To get it, you need to head to the page, get the Unidays code and then follow the instructions. It’s easy to use the code and is well worth it for 20% off.
There are a couple of other student discount schemes in the UK such as NUS Totum and Student Beans and below we now look into whether they offer a discount too. This information is correct as of September 2020.
There is no NUS Totum O2 scheme at the moment for students to save. This includes not being included in the NUS Extra card scheme.
HOWEVER, NUS students qualify to get the discount. Just head to this page follow the instructions and you can get a 20% discount on O2 contracts.
STUDENT BEANS DISCOUNTS?
Nope, there is no association between Student Beans and them.GET STUDENT DISCOUNT >
3. O2 PRIORITY OFFERS
One big advantage of getting a mobile contract with it is you get access to O2 Priority.
O2 Priority is exclusive to customers and gives them special offers such as rails offers, a great device plan, priority ticket releases for gigs and events and high street vouchers. There are some great 02 online discounts there that could help you save money throughout your university career.GET DEALS >
4. 02 PROMO CODES & O2 DISCOUNTS
So throughout the year, there are O2 promo codes that are regularly released to take advantage of to save money on their contracts and mobile phones – as well as sometimes broadband and tablets.
Take a look at our savings section which will list all of the currents ones including if there is a voucher code.
|20% Student Discount||20%||31/12/2020|
|40% Off O2 Family Plans||40%||31/12/2020|
|£80 Voucher Code||£80||30/10/2020|
Oh and we’re sure that you know about it, but make sure you’ve taken advantage of the 20% off student offer and contract voucher code especially for students. All the details are in the previous sections.GET DEALS >
5. O2 SALES & SAVINGS TIPS
O2 joins in the sales fun with some great deals to coincide with the big sales times throughout the year. If it’s coming up to these times then you might want to hold on before you buy.
One great tip is did you know that you can upgrade your contract on Carphone Warehouse? Why we like this is because Carphone has a price guarantee so if you ever find a cheaper contract then you get your money back! For full details check out our full guide to upgrading.
O2 BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY
There are some great deals to be had around the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. These include some great contract deals and added data bundles.
BOXING DAY & JANUARY SALES
O2 do actually participate in the sales around Christmas and January.
They have data deals and great reductions on iPhones and other top-quality mobiles like Samsung and HTC, as well as offers on a device plan and pay monthly options.
Did you know…?:
- o2’s full name is actually Telefonica UK Limited!
- If you didn’t guess from that name it is a Spanish company!
- However… its headquarters are in Slough!
- It is the second-largest mobile phone provider in the UK
- It was formed in 1985 and was originally called Cellnet.
- It employs over 21k staff – that’s a big Xmas party!
- o2 is the chemical symbol for oxygen
- Their slogans have changed over time and have included “See what you can do”, “We’re better, connected”, “Be More Dog” and “More for you”
- They have a fab priority scheme and o2 refresh
- They currently sponsor the England rugby team
Frequently Asked Question
- “I am a student looking for the best airtime plans around, offers on mobiles and general student airtime plans such as o2 refresh. They look a good option but I am also looking at Three and Vodafone, which do suggest?” Not a straight forward question, firstly we think that the 02 student discount is one of the best deals on the market today but you’ll need to personally think about how you are going to use it and look at a range of airtime plans. Do you need lots of free minutes? A new phone? Tablet? How much data do you need? Once you have that info you can effectively cross-check all of the airtime plans and see which is the best that may be o2 refresh as you say. The o2 refresh is one of the best ways to save.
- “Are they the best phone contracts for students or should you use other offers like an o2 promo code?”Good question. Mainly you won’t beat the student discount. Student discounts, in general, are the most generous a company can give. It is a good idea though when seeing an 02 promo code and looking for a new contract, to see where you can combine an o2 promo code with students discount, to get more savings and the best airtime plans. It will depend on terms and conditions but worth a go.
- “As well as discounts on phones and o2 airtime plans can you get discount in tablets? As well as discounts on airtime plan they offer student discounts across products as well, so check online and in-store.
- “Can you combine an o2 promo code, general sales offer and the student discount?” This is down to the retailer, sometime they will allow you to combine and double up offers. It’s always worth an ask. They are a great retailer and often generous so pop in-store or online and they will be helpful.