Looking for student discounts on footwear?
We have the latest discount codes, deals and offers on a full range of options from leading brands:
- Adidas Student Discount
- Aldo Student Discount
- Asics Student Discount
- Boohoo Student Discount
- Clarks Student Discount
- Converse Student Discount
- Dr Martens Student Discount
- Foot Locker Student Discount
- Footasylum Student Discount
- JD Sports Student Discount
- JD Williams Student Discount
- Next Student Discount
- Nike Student Discount
- Office Student Discount
- Puma Student Discount
- Schuh Student Discount
- Size? Student Discount
- Sports Direct Student Discount
- TK Maxx Student Discount
- Ugg Student Discount
- USC Student Discount
- Vans Student Discount
Student Shoes and Footwear
You don’t need to be studying fashion or footwear design at university to know the importance of decent quality versatile shoes. It may feel like you spend a lot of time sitting on your backside in lectures, canteens, library booths and on SU bar stools, but in reality, there’s a lot of running around between venues and classrooms and social functions – so you need good shoes! Shoes aren’t the cheapest of everyday clothing items, and there’s lots of ‘fast fashion’ options now available for footwear; but The Squirrel has lots of great retailers who offer discounts on full price high quality shoes, on a tight budget.
Why Not Fast Fashion Footwear?
While fast fashion offers cheap and easy clothing and footwear purchases that often imitate designer brands and premium pieces to a tee, their quality is usually lacking in comparison and so they’re considerably less long-lasting. The rapid purchase of fast fashion items inevitably leads to a culture of rapid disposal, which has an onward environmental impact – you should invest in items that will last you a long time. Turnaround times are fast, quantities created and ordered are efficient, and then it’s on to the next trend! However, this rapidity does lead to ethical quandaries – including the treatment and payment of workers galvanised quickly to produce as much as physically possible as fast as possible with little to no notice, the working conditions in such rapid production facilities and the heavy use of water and chemicals for swift manufacture. If you’re after a quick and one-off item to wear only with a trend, fast fashion may be for you. Otherwise, quality – and ethics – should be prioritised.
Student Discount on Sneakers, Trainers & Everyday Shoes
- Adidas, one of the world’s biggest trainer brands and manufacturers (and the largest in Europe!), offer a competitive 30% students discount, 25% off outlet items and up to 50% off sale items. Adidas are globally reputed for the highest of quality in their manufacture and so you can rest assured that purchases from here will stand you in good stead for years to come.
- Famous for their hi-tops, Converse specialise in canvas trainers in a variety of colours and designs. They have a 15% discount and up to 20% on sale items. A pair of Converse make for a great everyday shoe for wear around campus.
- Both Footlocker and Footasylum are multi-brand footwear retailers who offer a variety of shoes and sneakers from the top-level names you’d expect alongside some smaller companies. If you’re after a specific pair of trainers or a specific brand, it’s worth shopping around at both of these online stores as well as with the brand themselves. Each offer a 10% student discount as standard but have differing sales and offers.
- Aldo aren’t the biggest name on the British high street but retail both men’s and women’s shoes in a mixture of styles – flats, heels, boots, trainers and sandals. Aldo offer a 10% student discount on full price shoes but are well known for their sales, which often have discounts of up to 70% off!
- You may not have been into a Clark’s store since you were a child (remember their foot-measuring machines for school shoes?!) but their adult range are notable for both their quality workmanship in manufacture and classic styling. Clark’s shoes last for many years and are versatile enough to be worn with outfits of all types. They offer a 15% student discount on full price shoes.
- For multi-brand footwear purchases, Schuh are pretty much unbeaten. As with the trainer retailers above, it’s always worth checking here to see what offers are on there if not through the brands direct. Schuh have a 10% student discount!
- Real bargain hunters will long have checked over the shelves in TK Maxx, but unfortunately they don’t have a student discount. That said, you don’t need a student discount for their clearance page – where it’s common to find up to 60% off
Student Discount Sports Shoes
- Puma sell specialist trainers for running, basketball, football, and general gym training. Their student discount is 15% but they often host weekend and ‘flash’ sales for further money off.
- Nike have a 10% discount on full price trainers as standard and as one of the biggest sports manufacturers in the world, there’s not many sports they don’t cater for! You can find Nike specialist footwear for track and field, basketball, combat sports, baseball, football, American football, cycling, volleyball, cheerleading, wrestling, weight training and walking.
- Of course, Sports Direct have long been have the bargain budget sports retailer of the high street. They now have a discount of 10% on full price items, making their range even cheaper. If you already know what you’re after, be sure to check Sports Direct before buying direct from the brand – it could save you a few quid!
The Squirrel’s Top 5 Tips for Student Discount Footwear and Shoes:
- Footwear can be expensive so make sure you use all the savings tips we list and all valid student discount schemes to save off full price items
- When living on a budget it’s probably not a good idea to buy something you are only going to wear a few times a term.
- Think about versatility and usage of your shoes – can you wear them to lectures and maybe a night out as well?
- Comfort! Often you’ll be doing lots of walking around campus so you want shoes or trainers that are practical.
- Stylish – you also want to look good, check out the likes of JD Sports for trainers and Aldo and Clarks for smarter looking shoes.
Summary of Student Discount Shoes
We’ve come to the end of this guide for student discounts on shoes and footwear. We’ve listed many top retailers who offer a student discount. We also list on those brand pages any more money-saving tips to complete a standard student discount such as voucher codes, sales, offers and deals.
Not only this, but we then broke this subject down into categories for everyday shoes, trainers and sports shoes to give you a variety of retailers to choose from if you’re finding it difficult to choose.